BOFA is the world leader in fume extraction equipment. This role is predominantly working from its Headquarters in Poole, Dorset. Hybrid working can also be arranged. The organisation offers excellent benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a clean, modern environment as part of a fantastic team.
We are looking to build on our current engineering team by hiring an NPD engineer. The ideal candidate will be experienced in the development of products to delight a customer and maintain BOFA's reputation of being the best in the business of fume extraction and air handling. This person will be extremely comfortable with customer communications, design work, first off build as well as embedding new technology into products, always considering the end-user experience, product efficiency and environmental impact of the whole package. They will need to fit into an existing mature and tightly-knit team.
Experience needed when applying for this job…
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to drive an engineering project from concept to production.
- An eye for detail, but an understanding of design compromise (cost, producibility).
- Align customer’s requirements to a product specification.
- Work within and help to improve a defined New Product Development Process.
- Working knowledge of DFMEA, Design Verification, Phase gate reviews and Flawless Launch
- Ability to build prototype products, as part of a team.
- Good level of capability in SolidWorks, or a desire to quickly learn the application.
- Ability to navigate MRP systems, PDM, Microsoft office packages and manage BOMS.
- Work as part of a wider team.