Do you want to learn new skills and get paid for it? Want to join a growing team in an award-winning British manufacturer?
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in metal work & fabrication and who enjoys using hand and power tools. As a Fabrication apprentice at BOFA International once your apprenticeship is complete you will be fully trained on all aspects in the fabrication department and responsible for assembling metal products using tools, machines and your own hands. As part of your apprenticeship training programme you will also spend time in other departments in our Company to gain a full understanding of our product and the role of other teams.
You will be:
- Studying and interpreting assembly instructions
- Selecting gauges and types of sheet metal according to specifications
- Fabricating and assembling fume extraction units
- Fastening seams and joints together with welds, bolts, rivets, solder etc to assemble components into our fume extraction units
- Trimming, filing, grinding, deburring, buffing and smoothing surfaces, seams and joints of assembled parts using hand tools and portable power tools
- Shaping metal material over anvils, blocks or other forms
- Resolving assembly issues
- Building prototypes
- Reporting errors
- Completing quality control forms
- Carrying out fabrication office administration
If you think you’ve got the ambition and aptitude to be our next apprentice, email firstname.lastname@example.org