THE COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR FUME CABINET EXTRACTION
Partial enclosures are steadily becoming the preferred option for operator protection from processes that produce harmful fumes.
Electronics applications create fumes which are released into the atmosphere. They may be solid particles, gas or vapour (volatile organic compounds, or VOCs) and most can’t be seen. Not controlling these fumes can have serious consequences. Whether you’re running machinery in a school or a large-scale factory, all airborne substances should be considered as potentially harmful to the operator, your equipment and the environment and controlled with the correct fume extraction solution. Read more about the need for fume extraction.
Government bodies, including the HSE in the UK, are now making direct reference through guidance documentation – such as HSG258 – to their use. The FumeCAB 700 integrated filtration system has been designed to ensure compliance with the latest regulations. The innovative cam filter change design enables safe and simple front loading filter replacement and provides many benefits over alternative rear access systems. Ultra-bright slimline energy saving LED lights come as standard with optional UV lighting.
Benefits of the FumeCAB 700:
- Strong rigid construction
- Large working area
- Low noise level
- Twin coated anti UV/anti-splash protective polycarbonate visor
- Side entry blind grommets for equipment access
- CE approved
Applications that our FumeCAB 700 can be used with:
- Hand soldering
- Conformal coating
- Hand working processes
- Various solvent applications
- Many more – please contact us for details
Speak to one of our experts
For further information and advice on which extraction solutions are right for you, speak to our electronics fume expert, David Thompson. He will work with you and our applications specialists to understand your specific process and help you determine what measures you should consider for safe operation.
Key features of the FumeCAB 700
• HEPA filter – Mini pleat design HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters which are tested and certified to a minimum efficiency of 99.997% at 0.3 microns. They incorporate a series of webbing between the pleated media. This feature not only guarantees even spacing for full filter coverage between each pleat, but also alleviates the possibility of airflow vibration or collapse.
• Advanced carbon filter (ACF) technology – assures safe capture and removal of hazardous fumes. Contaminated air must remain in contact with the carbon bed for a period of time sufficient to ensure that no contaminants or odours are emitted. Our filters have been developed to capture all contaminants and odours, eliminating the risk of bypass and/or tunnelling. Read more about our filters.
• Automatic flow control (AFC) – Allows the operator to pre-set the correct airflow rates for the specific application, subsequently maintaining the airflow.
• Reverse flow air technology (RFA) – Causes a fall in velocity and air direction change. Large particulate falls out of the airstream into the filter’s drop out chamber. With less particulate entering the filter media, the filter life is significantly increased.