Laser cooling units: Providing cool, filtered air to ensure optimal performance and reliability
PROVIDING COOL, CLEAN AIR FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE
BOFA’s two laser cooling units, AD 200 CU and AD 350 CU, have been designed to supply cool, filtered air to both the laser and power supply module. This clean, cool air ensures optimal laser performance and reliability. It can also be used as a seal to increase the IP rating of the laser.
Cutting and engraving, coding and marking, welding…whatever laser process you are following, some form of contaminant is generated which can become airborne and released into the atmosphere. That may be solid particles, gas or vapour and most can’t be seen. Not controlling these fumes can have serious consequences. Whether you’re running machinery in an educational establishment or a large-scale factory, all airborne substances should be considered as potentially harmful to the operator, your equipment, and the environment and controlled with the correct fume extraction solution. Read more about the need for fume extraction.
Benefits of the laser cooling units include:
- Filter condition indicator
- Stainless steel units
- Low noise level
- Low-cost replacement filters
- Reverse flow air (RFA) technology enhances the filter process (AD 350 CU)
- 100mm DeepPleat pre-filter with approx. 6m² (64.5 ft²) surface media area (AD 350 CU)
- Filtration levels of 95% @ 0.9 microns (AD 350 CU) and 96% @ 2 microns (AD 200 CU)
- Optional: Remote stop/start interface (AD 350 CU)
- Optional: Filter change signal (AD 350 CU)
- Optional: HEPA filter (AD 200 CU)
- Approvals: CE
Speak to one of our experts
For further information and advice on which extraction solutions are right for you, speak to our laser fume expert, Geoff Hamilton. He will work with you and our applications specialists to understand your specific process and help you determine what measures you should consider for safe operation.
Key features of the laser cooling units
- Reverse flow air technology (RFA) – Causes a fall in velocity and air direction change. Large particulate falls out of the airstream into the filter’s drop out chamber. With less particulate entering the filter media, the filter life is significantly increased.
- Optional HEPA filter – It uses a mini pleat design HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filter that is tested and certified to a minimum efficiency of 99.997% @ 0.3 microns. It incorporates a series of glue beading spacers between the pleated media. This feature not only guarantees even spacing for full filter coverage between each pleat but also alleviates the possibility of airflow vibration or collapse.