HIGH-VOLUME FUME EXTRACTION SYSTEMS
These high-volume fume extraction systems combine extremely large filter capacity with high airflow and pressure rates. They are an ideal choice for heavy duty hand and machine automated solder applications that generate large amounts of particulate and gaseous organic compounds.
Electronics applications create fumes which are released into the atmosphere. They may be solid particles, gas or vapour (volatile organic compounds, or VOCs) and most can’t be seen. Not controlling these fumes can have serious consequences. Whether you’re running machinery in an educational establishment or a large-scale factory, all airborne substances should be considered as potentially harmful to the operator, your equipment and the environment and controlled with the correct fume extraction solution. Read more about the need for fume extraction.
Both machines can cater for multiple operators, as a centralised system or can be used to extract fumes from automated soldering machines. Contact us for more information.
Benefits of the V 1000/1500 iQ:
- Design permits greater flexibility and mobility of different exhaust installations
- Independent filter monitoring
- Extended filter life
- Enhanced filter performance
- Three-stage filtration
- Global product
- CE approved
Applications that our V 1000/1500 iQ can be used with:
- Hand soldering
- Wave soldering
- Reflow soldering
- Selective soldering
- Conformal coating
- Benchtop solvent applications
Speak to one of our experts
For further information and advice on which extraction solutions are right for you, speak to our electronics fume expert, David Thompson. He will work with you and our applications specialists to understand your specific process and help you determine what measures you should consider for safe operation.
Key features of the V 1000/1500 iQ
- Intelligent (iQ) Operating System – for ease of operation and clarity of real time information. The system provides a cache of analytical data, enabling users to download performance and operating parameters for evaluation purposes. It monitors the status of both the pre-filter and combined (main) filter.
- DeepPleat DUO pre-filter – This pre-filter comes in three main sizes and incorporates a massive drop-out chamber and large volume area within the base of the filter. Above the drop-out chamber, but still within the housing, there is a sealed 200mm deep pleat layer of F8 media.
- HEPA filter – Mini pleat design HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filters which are tested and certified to a minimum efficiency of 99.997% down to 0.3 microns and 95% as small as 0.1 micron. They incorporate a series of webbing between the pleated media. This feature not only guarantees even spacing for full filter coverage between each pleat, but also alleviates the possibility of airflow vibration or collapse.
- Advanced carbon filter (ACF) technology – assures safe capture and removal of hazardous fumes. Contaminated air must remain in contact with the carbon bed for a period of time sufficient to ensure that no contaminants or odours are emitted. Our filters have been developed to capture all contaminants and odours, eliminating the risk of bypass and/or tunnelling. Read more about our filters.
- Automatic flow control (AFC) – Allows the operator to pre-set the correct airflow rates for the specific application, subsequently maintaining the airflow.
- Reverse flow air technology (RFA) – Causes a fall in velocity and air direction change. Large particulate falls out of the airstream into the filter’s drop out chamber. With less particulate entering the filter media, the filter life is significantly increased.