BOFA has been at the forefront of innovation in portable fume and dust extraction technology for over 35 years, helping to deliver solutions globally.
Our philosophy is to maintain control of supply and quality standards throughout the entire manufacturing process of our products, helping to ensure that they meet the highest international manufacturing standards.
Providing local sales and service support, our network of trusted agents and distributors aims to deliver timely and expert assistance whenever you need it.
We also have a wealth of experience working with OEMs, either supplying existing systems or creating solutions to complement your products.
Founded in 1987 as a small family business, BOFA has rapidly grown to become a truly global organisation, with more than 800 distributors worldwide. We continue to lead the way in the development of innovative fume extraction systems, winning multiple awards for our technology – including the Queen’s Award for Innovation – and now serve sectors as diverse as laser, electronics, mechanical engineering, printing, 3D printing, medical, pharmaceutical, dental and beauty in more than 120 countries.
Solent Deals Awards 2019
Management Team of the Year 2019
BVCA Management Team Award 2019
South West Mid-Market Management Team of the Year 2019
Venus Award 2018
BOFA won this award for Marketing Excellence
Made in the South West Award 2018
Dorset Business Award for Business Leader of the Year 2018
Tony Lockwood won prestigious regional award.
British Chamber of Commerce Business Awards Regional Winner 2018
High Growth Business of the Year.
HSBC International Track 200 2018
BOFA International listed in The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
BDO Central South Mid-Market Company of the Year 2017
International Activity and Profit Growth.
Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2017
Innovation (for our revolutionary iQ operating platform).
BDO Central South Mid-Market Top Performing Company 2014
PPMA Group Industry Award 2013
Exceptional Sales or Company Growth.
Queen’s Awards for Enterprise 2012
Global SMT and Packaging Global Technology Award 2012
Global SMT and Packaging Global Technology Award 2011
Best New Product - Europe.
The BOFA team shares a common purpose: to make air quality in the working environment as safe as possible while improving productivity. Our people are the heartbeat of our business.
Our vision and values
Our ethos is founded on developing systems that are reliable, simple to use, and cost-effective. We always listen to our customers, developing solutions that satisfy or go beyond regulatory health and safety requirements and which add value through enhanced functionality. And we strive to be the technology partner of choice for our customers, wherever in the world they are based.
Our vision and values are firmly set in our brand:
• To maintain our position as a world leader in fume extraction technology by delivering innovative quality product solutions that combine high performance with low cost of ownership.
• To be the supplier of choice, adding value to our customers’ business activities while demonstrating our partnership qualities at all levels.
• To continually strive for further improvement by investing in our people, products and services.
Marking and Identification Association
Association of Industrial Laser Users Association
Extraction Manufacturers and Designers Association
Association Connecting Electronics Industries
Surface Mount Technology Association
Speciality Graphic Imaging Association
Awards and Personalization Association
Corporate social responsibility
At BOFA, we continually innovate the way we work to have a positive impact on the wider society and stay true to our values.
• We support Asthma and Lung UK and involve the BOFA team in fundraising activities throughout the year.
• We take our green responsibility very seriously, engaging in initiatives and environmental good practices within our manufacturing process. The very nature of our products means we help our customers to protect the environment, and all our product development is firmly focused on the environment, with systems designed to reduce energy consumption.
• Our operational policies and procedures are aligned to fulfilling the requirements of the ISO 14001 standards. To support responsible working practices, we also comply with environmental and safety standards including the Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment Regulations 2006, RoHS, REACH, and our own SureCHECK standard for quality, health and safety and environmental management.
Are your systems maintained?
Our team can help you with service contracts, warranty claims and replacements.
Find an extraction system to suit you
Our extraction technologies meet or exceed the standards set by health and safety legislation around the world… search for the right one for your needs.