Top tips for looking after your unit
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR EXTRACTION SYSTEM
At BOFA, we pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of care and support to all our customers. From helping you to understand your legal obligations through to advising you on selecting the right system and ensuring that it is installed correctly.
But we don’t stop there – our global network of sales, service and distribution resource means we’re on hand once your machine is up and running, whenever you need us.
It is important to look after your unit and make sure that it is thoroughly examined in order to protect the ongoing health and safety of you and your employees, and to ensure you don’t experience any unplanned downtime or unexpected maintenance.
Here are some pointers on how to help you best look after your unit:
- Ensure you have the right system for your process – If you are ever unsure about the compatibility of the extraction and filtration system for your specific application, we have an expert team of specialist engineers to help you decide which BOFA machine will fit your process and give the best results.
- Regularly service your unit – Guidance varies by country but it’s good practice to implement a regular maintenance schedule. In the UK, health and safety legislation stipulates your LEV equipment must be thoroughly examined and tested every 14 months by a competent engineer.
- Inspect the installation to ensure extract devices/nozzles/enclosures/hoses are correctly fastened into the optimal position to ensure there is no leakage or uncaptured contaminant.
- Once a month, disconnect hoses and check for blockages, and make sure that the fan is running smoothly.
- Log filter changes, as this can give you an idea on filter change intervals for your set up, and aid with replacement filter orders.
- Make sure to run your extraction unit at the lowest possible speed that is still effectively capturing and filtering contaminant, as this will reduce wear on internal components and can increase filter life.
- Check that the staff using the unit are adequately trained.
Did you know that we offer in-house training free of charge? We will show you how to get the best use out of your unit, and how to maintain it.
To help make the most out of your BOFA extraction system, we also have the BOFA Academy – a series of free online webinars delivered by our BOFA experts. We offer product focused training, as well as broader principles for fume extraction.
Follow the below link to find out more and to book onto modules.