INTEGRATED FILTRATION SOLUTION FOR FUME CABINET EXTRACTION
Partial enclosures are steadily becoming the preferred option for operator protection from processes that produce harmful fumes.
Electronic applications create fumes which are released into the atmosphere. They may be solid particles, gas or vapour (volatile organic compounds, or VOCs) and most can’t be seen. Not controlling these fumes can have serious consequences. Whether you’re running machinery in an educational establishment or a large-scale factory, all airborne substances should be considered as potentially harmful to the operator, your equipment and the environment and controlled with the correct fume extraction solution. Read more about the need for fume extraction.
Government bodies, including the HSE in the UK, are now making direct reference through guidance documentation – such as HSG258 – to their use. The FumeCAB 1000 iQ integrated filtration system has been designed to ensure compliance with the latest regulations. Ultra-bright slim line energy saving LED lights come as standard with optional UV lighting.
Benefits of the FumeCAB 1000 iQ:
- Certified to BS 7989:2001 Recirculatory filtration fume cabinet specification
- Remote diagnostics via USB
- Filters with long life and low replacement cost
- Independent filter condition monitoring, display and warnings
- Twin coated anti UV/anti-splash protective Polycarbonate visor
- Side entry blind grommets for equipment access
- Large working area
- CE approved
Applications that our FumeCAB 1000 iQ can be used with:
- Hand soldering
- Hand working processes
- Conformal coating
- Many more – please contact us for details
Speak to one of our experts
For further information and advice on which extraction solutions are right for you, speak to our electronics fume expert, David Thompson. He will work with you and our applications specialists to understand your specific process and help you determine what measures you should consider for safe operation.
Key features of the FumeCAB 1000 iQ
- Intelligent (iQ) Operating System – for ease of operation and clarity of real time information. The system provides a cache of analytical data, enabling users to download performance and operating parameters for evaluation purposes. It monitors the status of both the pre-filter and combined (main) filter.
- HEPA filter – Mini pleat design HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters which are tested and certified to a minimum efficiency of 99.997% at 0.3 microns. They incorporate a series of glue beading spacers between the pleated media. This feature not only guarantees even spacing for full filter coverage between each pleat, but also alleviates the possibility of airflow vibration or collapse.
- Advanced carbon filter (ACF) technology – assures safe capture and removal of hazardous fumes. Contaminated air must remain in contact with the carbon bed for a period of time sufficient to ensure that no contaminants or odours are emitted. Our filters have been developed to capture all contaminants and odours, eliminating the risk of bypass and/or tunnelling. Read more about our filters.
- Automatic flow control (AFC) – Allows the operator to pre-set the correct airflow rates for the specific application, subsequently maintaining the airflow.
- Reverse flow air technology (RFA) – Causes a fall in velocity and air direction change. Large particulate falls out of the airstream into the filter’s drop out chamber. With less particulate entering the filter media, the filter life is significantly increased.